We are Accredited Agents with Cornwall Council and can offer a conveyance service through the planning process.
- As Accredited Agents our planning applications are registered promptly on minimal checks. This streamlines the process and enables the Council to validate and progress applications quicker
Tree protection brief guidance
The nature and level of detail of information required to enable an LPA to properly consider the implications and effects of development proposals varies between stages and in relation to what is proposed. Table B.1 of British Standard 5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – Recommendations provides advice to both developers and LPAs on an appropriate amount of information that will need to be provided either at the planning application stage or via conditions.Work specification
Trees in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction
Working closely with local authority tree officers we aim to provide a sensible solution to the often opposing needs of private interest and public planning restrictions. We realize that tree issues can be very personal and must not be bound up in red tape. Our team of experienced arborists can give advice on planning and prepare your applications for you.
Local Planning Authorities require the input of a trained arboriculturalist in all situations where trees are present on, or adjacent to a construction site. Atlas Tree Services can carry out the necessary work and produce documents detailed under BS5837:2012, including:
- Tree constraints plans showing root protection areas and crown spreads plotted using AutoCad.
- Tree protection plans showing tree protection and ground protection measures.
- Arboricultural Impact Assessments (AIAs)
- Arboricultural Method Statements (AMSs) usually required to discharge planning conditions.
- Site monitoring and inspection to ensure tree protection measures remain in place to comply with LPA conditions.
In addition to helping with the requirements of BS5837, Atlas Tree Services can offer advice on specialist construction methods such as:
- Porous surfacing within root protection areas
- Specialist construction methods for foundations within root protection areas
- Installation of services close to tree root systems using Airspade technology